GRNET in cooperation with GÉANT TCS service, provides to its peers the ability to issue Digital Certificates from the DigiCert’s portal. The DigiCert TCS provides the more secure SHA-2-supported certificates for the following:
- SSL certificates – for authenticating servers and establishing secure sessions with end clients
- Grid certificates – for authenticating Grid hosts and services (IGTF compliant)
- Client certificates – for identifying individual users and securing email communications
- Code signing certificates – for authenticating software distributed over the Internet
- Document signing certificates – for authenticating documents from Adobe PDF, Microsoft Office, OpenOffice, and LibreOffice
DigiCert developed a new Web portal for TCS service that improves all users’ experience of ordering digital certificates.